Wednesday, January 19, 2022

NEIL FUNSTON 19 JANUARY 2022 10:53 AM

 

January 19, 2022


Neal Funston

Staff Services Manager I

Wastewater Operator Certification

Division of Financial Assistance

neal.funston@waterboards.ca.gov

State Water Resources Control Board





SUBJECT :

CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION OR TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS IS ENOUGH

Dear Mr. Funston,

Good morning.

According to your letter dated June 29, 2021 paragraph 4  sentence 1 AND I quote:

"As explained in greater detail in the enclosed letters to you from Mr. Howard dated February 18, 2014 and October 29, 2014, the Office of Operator Certification denied your examination application because you did not provide the required documentation to show that you meet the minimum educational requirements to take the Grade I examination."

Next is paragraph 4 of your letter.



DISCUSSION:

Although I have not applied for an examination from 2012 to the present, the Office of Operator Certification wrote that they deny my examination application because I did not provide the required documentation to show that I meet the minimum educational requirements to take the Grade I examination. The OOC ignores the fact that since July 16, 2012 they have received copies of certificates of completion of the courses I have taken specifically my ERES,  original genuine not photocopy educational records.

To explain farther,  I am showing you next,  the first page of the advanced DENIAL LETTER by the OOC, Please browse down to :
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND FEES. Copies of college transcripts or certificates of completion must verify educational requirements
Where we could read copies of college transcripts or certificates of completion must verify educational requirement. The conjunction used is "or", which means that any of the two set of documentation is enough to verify educational requirement.
I am wondering why since 2012 to the present the OOC maintains harking to provide them with copies transcript of record when since 2012 they have the equivalent documentation with them. They the OOC inconsistently requires that both documentations be submitted to them when one of the two is good enough.  And worse the OOC evaluated these educational  credentials as in saying that I dId not meet the minimum education.  I am a college engineering course graduate from the Philippines. Yet for the OOC I did not meet the minimum educational requirement and put zero on my educational points, why? Because of being one born as a Filipino and educated in a school from the Philippines?
This led me to believe that this arbitrary and capricious decision by the OOC only show the intensity of discrimination they have against me, A Filipino.




Moreover, please look from the box marked "x" on the document above. Notice  the deadline for filing application for this particular examination is August 1, 2012. Upon review considering the remaining days before the deadline it would be most probably difficult for the applicant to correct deficiencies.So, the OOC should have sent me an email or mail advising me that they would not be able to act on my application for August 1, 2012 deadline and should have advised me to re apply for the next examination. Instead the OOC denied me outright an examination application which I have not applied for. 


Again, I am showing you the duplicate copies of proofs of completion of courses I took, specifically the ERES educational record which I submitted on July 16, 2912.

JULY 16, 2012_SUBMITTED EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS TO CALIFORNIA WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD






Clearly with the conjunction " or " between the two choices, one choice is enough to verify educational requirements. Again, either one is enough.

IF YOU HAVE OBJECTIONS TO THE THESE STATEMENTS OF FACT YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO WRITE YOUR OBJECTION AND SUBSTANTIAL REASONS CLEARLY  THERETO WITHIN  15 DAYS, AFTER WHICH IT SHALL BE UNDERSTOOD BY BOTH OF US THAT YOU ARE CONFORMING TO THESE FACTS STATED HEREIN.


Thank you very much.

Yours faithfully,

Antonio L. Buensuceso Jr.



No comments:

Post a Comment